CSC104 SLOG#2- OCT 26

– How are you preparing for the quizzes/tests?
Every week, before taking quizzes, I would do the weekly exercises and make sure that I understand all of steps. I usually do the questions and then run the program to check it. When I have a question, I would go over the lecture notes or ask for help. I prepared for my test by studying all the past exams and reviewing all of the exercises that we went through in class. I also wrote a summary and many study tips for myself. I went to TA’s office hour and they pointed out what I did wrong and gave me a ton of really helpful advice. The reason, I think, for getting a good mark in the first test, is preparing a lot beforehand and really utilizing my resources well.

– Are there any images you've made, or even functions to create images, that you enjoyed or are proud of?

Recently, I learned a lot of new things, such as full design check-expects. Application of recursion function is something that interests me a lot. During the class, the professor demonstrated that defining a function which use a simple image to create a very complex and beautiful image. When I did this at home, I made a geometric image using rotating and overlay. Finally, I created a very spectacular image. I feel really proud of myself when I was able to write the code successfully.

– Are there things you initially found hard or intimidating, but now understand? How did you get to that point?

When I did the first project with my friends, the hardest part for me is to write the condition code, especially, when it was combined with recursion. In the beginning, I didn’t know how to start it, so I searched some online examples. I applied them in the project and it solved most of the confusion for me at that moment. I would say getting the correct syntax and checking where I wrote things wrong can be a little bit harder for me. What’s more, I also went to TA’s office hour, he told me that I need to really understand the code and know the real meaning behind it. Friends also explained it to me patiently, and I could really absorb it when they did that. Doing project is a great experience, because when a group of people gets together to solve a hard question, that is when I realize that teamwork is so essential for success.


– Would you like to ask questions in tutorial, the CSC104 TA office hours, the general CS Help Centre hours, or on Piazza, but have trouble doing so? What could make that easier for you?

Definitely, when I have some question I will go to CSC104 TA office hours to ask them questions. TAs are super eager to help us. All the questions we have can be solved efficiently with them. This is a very encouraging environment to help us learn more things. Sometimes, I use Piazza, however, I prefer to ask my friends face to face. I think this way is more convenient, and we can discuss together.

– If you went to the general CS Help Centre hours (Monday to Thursday from 4{6pm) but couldn't get help with the CSC104 material, let us know that. The TAs there have a lot of courses to keep track of, but the CS Department takes CSC104 seriously and is committed to helping the Help Centre TAs help you.

CS Help Centre really helps me a lot. Thank you very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Hi to CSC104 - OCT 4

Nov.29----Big achievement!